Re: Can this go from FC2 to FC3

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> What makes you say this?
>
> Admitted, on such low-end machines, Gnome, KDE, oo.org, etc. won't break
> speed records, but at least from my experience, it's not primarily CPU
> speed which limits usability, it's RAM.

Well, the FC3 release notes (which are finally available from the front
page of fedora.redhat.com: thanks!) says
>  Recommended for graphical: 400 MHz Pentium II or better

But, as you note, that is a *very* wolly requirement.

James.

--
E-mail address: james | ... boxing the books up was a mistake: they are
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | welded to the floor through the power of gravity.