Re: Fedora Core 3 - upgrade notes

On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 05:07:13PM -0500, William Hooper wrote:
> Some Things said:
> > In case anybody cares, here are a few comment from one person's update
> > to Fedora Core 3.
> >

> > - On my box I need to enter "linux ide=nodma" at the very first prompt
> Sounds like you need to invest in a new CD-Rom drive.  I'm not sure what
> you expect the installer to do about it.

The nodma flag seems to be a common enough install issue (old BIOS ??)
that I am slightly of the mind that this flag should be built into the
install CDROM.  I have no way of measuring the impact of this feature
mismatch but those of you that need the flag should not be silent.

Now if only I could get Fedora to finish booting on my KIM-1.
As soon as I get some better error messages I will bugzilla it...
044513 026515 005061 000012

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	spam unwanted email.