Re: How to install FC3 w/o cdrom or usb

On Tue, 2004-11-16 at 12:18, Adam Mercer wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 09:39:36 +0530, Rahul Sundaram
> <rahulsundaram@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > > The minimal boot image is now 5Mb so floppy seems to be out.
> > > Some way to envoke a network install would be nice.
> > >
> > > steve
> >
> > you can probably use a usb disk if thats available
>
> As the subject say, the OP doesn't have usb available.
>
> Smart Boot Manager might be worth a look
>
> http://btmgr.sourceforge.net/about.html

[snip from another mail list]
Go to ftp://ftp.slackware.at/slackware-current/isolinux/sbootmgr/ and
download the file named sbootmgr.dsk

 It's a bootmanager. dd it to a blank floppy using the command

 dd if=sbootmgr.dsk of=/dev/fd0

 Boot your machine using the floppy. You will have an option to start
 the machine from CDROM drive. Put your CD in the CDROM drive, select
 the drive, press Enter if I'm not mistaken, and your machine should
 start from the CDROM drive.

Either that or PXE boot if you can boot from network