Re: dvd+rw blanking

Kevin Freeman wrote:

On Tue, 2004-11-16 at 14:32 +1000, david walcroft wrote:

Hi,
I use a pioneer DVR 108 dvd burner (dual layer) and I can not blank a +rw with
xcdroast or cdrecord,as root I get in FC3 xcdroast

"cdrecord.prodvd: Cannot blank with non Ricoh based drive.
cdrecord.prodvd: Cannot blank disk, aborting.
cdrecord.prodvd: Some drives do not support all blank types.
cdrecord.prodvd: Try again with cdrecord blank=all"

What Fedora version are you using? The FC3 cdrecord package supports
dvd+/-rw formatting/blanking. You might try installing FC3 versions of
cdrecord, dvd+rw-tools, mkisofs, etc. Hopefully there won't be too many
dependencies. I suggest this because the version displayed below looks
like a pre-FC3 version number. I have blanked/rewritten a number of DVD
+RW discs using FC2 & FC3. And I have not had the need to install the
prodvd version of cdrecord.

In # 'cdrecord blank=all'  I get

sg.c 1.83 04/05/20 Copyright 1997 J. Schilling').

Kevin Freeman

Kevin,
Everthing checks out as current FC3 packages and prodvd comes from T.Chung
on Fedora News thats where the copyright comes from,I'll try with removing prodvd.

Thanks     david