Re: configuring eth0

Jim Dishaw (dishawjp) wrote:
Hi All,

Just finished installing and am in the process of configuring FC3. Overall the install seems to have gone well, but I have a minor issue configuring my ethernet card. In the past, I have always aliased "/sbin/ifup eth0" to "net" and "/sbin/ifdown eth0" to "nonet"

I would edit my /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 to include the lines: USERCTL=yes and ONBOOT=no and everything would work.  With FC3, I get the error message "users cannot control this device."  I am able to run "neat" and bring the interface up or down through that though.

Any thoughts on what I'm missing here?

Have you set USERCTL=yes ?

--
Kevin J. Cummings