Re: problem with vncserver on fc3

Dont know if this is of any help might just be reciting basics. But I am
using vncserver fine with fc3.(have lots of other problems though!!) I
would suggest making sure that it def is not running.

ps -ef |grep vncserver

if it is running then kill it ... obv.

if it doesnt show try

vncserver -kill localhost.localdomain:1

I always run vnc as a user never as root maybe that has somthing to do
with it??

The config should look somthing like

.vnc/xstartup
#!/bin/sh

# Uncomment the following two lines for normal desktop:
# unset SESSION_MANAGER
 exec /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc

[ -x /etc/vnc/xstartup ] && exec /etc/vnc/xstartup
[ -r $HOME/.Xresources ] && xrdb $HOME/.Xresources
xsetroot -solid grey
vncconfig -iconic &
xterm -geometry 80x24+10+10 -ls -title "$VNCDESKTOP Desktop" &
twm &

run vncserver from command which should then prompt for a password (like
i say i only ever run this as a user not tried root)

it will then confirm the session for display :1

eg

New 'localhost.localdomain:1 (flandercan)' desktop is
localhost.localdomain:1

Starting applications specified in /home/flandercan/.vnc/xstartup
Log file is /home/flandercan/.vnc/localhost.localdomain:1.log

However if :1 is in use then it should use display 2 ???

anyway if this is just basics you already tried maybe the thinking out
loud helped you a bit (hopefully)

flandercan