Re: FC3 Install from DVD - possible?

Bob Hartung wrote:
>   I have burned the DVD iso image to a DVD.  Upon starting up to
> install the DVD is found then:
>
> 1.  typing "linux mediacheck" is totally ignored and anaconda starts
>
> 2.  All goes normally until it comes to locating the installation
> media.  DVD is not on the list and Anaconda steadfastly refuses to
> find the DVD.  It does as for the CD however.
>
> My questions:
> 1.  Is it really possible to install from a DVD iso image?  Is
> there a switch that needs to be entered at the boot prompt?
>
> 2.  Why does it blow by the "linux mediacheck" entry at the
> "boot:" prompt?

What sort of motherboard do you have? What sort of chipset? Is the DVD
drive a SATA drive?

1. Yes, but there may be a problem with the drivers.

2. If it can't work out which drive loaded it, then it doesn't know
which drive to check...

James.

--
E-mail address: james | "I loved doing 'Midsomer Murders', but it got to the
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | point last year when there was no one left in