Re: any best Radeon 9600XT driver substitue for use in amd64?

kockkin ko wrote:
I have an Radeon 9600XT card on an amd64 box, and I am using FC3 which
load a versa driver during installation.  The performance is bad.

Appreciate any one to point out any recommendation on any better or best Radeon 96ooXT graphic driver to be used in amd64?

regards,

kockkin ko

Get a new card was my only solution. I tried a 9600 and failed to get it working, even with the ATI drivers. After ~20 days of fighting purchased an nVidia card and was up and running, playing Tux racer in less than 15 minutes.

I also read a review a few weeks ago about problems with ATI cards and some nVidia based MOB's.

Sorry if this isn't the answer that you were hoping for.

--
Robin Laing