Re: How to mount a partition as root and make it world read-write?

VJ wrote:
>     That is not what I want. I do not wish to execute any statement apart
> from the options in fstab.

Sorry, but that's not the way Unix works.

> Also the method you told does not work at all
> because if the root mounts that partition, other uses cannot create
> files/directories(I tested it, did you?)

Yes. I've got a separate /tmp, too.

I'm really not sure that you've done what you think you've done. Can you
post the results of
ls -la /tmp

Thanks,

James.

--
E-mail address: james | Og just boggle how stupid spammer is. How stupid
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | spamhaus is. How stupid spamhaven is. Og thought