Re: Java problems

Am Dienstag, den 16.11.2004, 10:18 +0100 schrieb Stefan Gsundbrunn:
> I tried to start with java -jar a *.jar file. With a result I really
> cannot understand. Could anybody please advice, what to do??

Java runtime is not installed by the Fedora Distribution due to license
probs. You have to install it separately. But Fedora has some
preparation in place to support java installation. Just follow the
instructions in the text.

-  visit www.jpackage.org/about.php
-  download the mentioned jpackage.org package
-  download jdk from sun
-  follow the jpackage instructions for installation

An easier way is:

install the java runtime provided by dag
   http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/apt/
(just the runtime, without devel tools / compiler)

Peter