FC3 upgrade & Split panel

Hi,
      I recently upgraded my OS from FC2 to FC3 through CDs without
any problems (the media check went fine with the 'linux ide-nodma' -
thankx to list) . Now my panel is split into 2. Each half the original
size. 1 panel contains time, up2date, sound, and other standard links.
The other panel contains the links i have created + Workspace switcher
+ redhat(windows eq.:start button). How do i make the two into one.
One thing worth nothing here is during the installation process (as
the packages were installed) there was a power failure. As i don't hav
UPS,  the computer just restarted when the power returned. I gave
upgrade option & the installation went without any glitches. Any
suggestions.

Thank you,

with regards,
ashwin