Re: Time required in installation of Fedora Core 3

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 15:55:01 +0800, Wong Kwok-hon <kwokhon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> How much time would it take when perform a fresh install in Fedora Core 3 ?
>
> I mean I need to delete the old Fedora Core 2 partition and install.
So far I've installed FC3 on 3 slowish laptops (PIII 600) each took
around 30 minutes to complete  from inserting CD 1 to firstboot. The
faster desktop (2.4 GHz) took a little less time, just under 23
minutes. Add a good 15-20 minutes to that figure if you need to do
mediacheck on the install discs. This was for a workstation install w/
some stuff deselected.
Another 5 minutes or so to set up wireless, 30-60 minutes to get
updates. YMMV, I've gotten *very* acccustomed to
installing/configuring my machines w/ fedora since I typically run
current release on 2 laptops & the desktop machine and do the test
releses on the remaining laptop- (that means somewhere in the
neighborhood of 14 or so installs a year with the current release
cycle, more if the test machine gets hosed).

--
Bests,
Jon