Re: NoClassDefFoundError after upgrade to FC3

Well, there are about 200 jar files in the jdev installation directory, so the shotgun approach isn't very appealing. I don't see any kind of log files anywhere, either... I was able to do one thing, which was print out the actual java command (which is HUGE) with an echo in the jdev launch script. Cutting and pasting it, I was able to get more descriptive NoClassDefFoundError output:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: oracle/jdeveloper/JDeveloper

I'm probably an idiot for not knowing right away what the problem is now. I know that java can't find the correct jar file containing the JDeveloper class, but how do I know where that is? jdevinstalldir/jdev/lib/jdev.jar has already been inserted into the classpath... what now?

Cyrus

Cortezzo, Jason wrote:

Usually, a NoClassDefFoundError will have a message, which specifies the
missing class, before the stack trace like...

com/somepackage/SomeClass

Without it, it's  a lot harder to figure out what is missing.  Does Jdev
have a log file that you could look at to try to find out which class is
missing?  Otherwise, you can try a shotgun approach. Locate all your jar
files in your Jdev installation (find /jdevinstalldir -name *.jar) and make
sure that they are all in your classpath.

Check the script that starts the IDE and see if it is setting a classpath.
Sometimes the CP is set using a command line option of the java command
(i.e. something like: java -cp {classpath} com.oracle.IDEStartup).  Make
sure all the jar files that the script expects to find actually exist.

The Eclipse error message is a little more descriptive.  It's looking for a
native library (as opposed to a Java class file) and it's telling you
exactly which one it is looking for
"/usr/local/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.swt.gtk64_3.0.1/os/linux/amd64/libsw
t-pi-gtk-3063.so"

-Jason