Re: Evolution and ClamAv

On Mon, 2004-11-15 at 16:57 +0100, e77d@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi,
>   i'm newbie in Linux world. I'm going to set  my pc (Fedora Core 2 on Centrino
> 1.6 Ghz). I want to use Evolution like mail client and, also if i know that
> in Linux virus danger is smaller than in Windows, i want to set an antivirus.
> I've chosen ClamAv but i don't know how i can integrate this antivirus with
> Evolution. Can you help me?
> Thanks in advance
> My Evolution's version is not 2.0 is 1,?

One of the easiest ways is to use ClamAssassin:

http://drivel.com/clamassassin/

The README file that is provided has some installation instructions on
how to utilize it with procmail.

You can then setup a filter in Evo if you do not want the e-mail
automatically deleted (ie. send it to /dev/null with procmail) and would
prefer to manually deal with it.

There is also an article at FedoraNews:

http://fedoranews.org/contributors/ron_goulard/clamav/

HTH,