FC3 and Dual Booting

HI

I thought I had solved my FC3 dual booting problem, but now I got a
related problem.

Checking the system out, I noticed that somewhere in the installation
process, an Extended partition that I had got converted into a primary
partition. That extended partition had one NTFS logical partition, one
FAT32 logical partition and one linux partition.

Is it possible to untangle this? How can I convert the primary partition
back into the extended partition? Right now I have one NTFS primary
partition with extra space assigned to it. I tried fdisk but it would
not allow me to change a primary partition into an extended partition
without first deleting the primary partition (NOOOOO)

I appreciate whatever insight you might give me. thanks

--
  /\_/\
  |O O|  pepebuho@xxxxxxxxxxx
  ~~~~       Javier Perez