Re: xorg-x11 w/Gatos ati drivers

Joshua Andrews wrote:
I rebuilt the xorg-x11-6.8.1-12 src.rpm with a tar ball of the current xorg CVS, which includes Gatos drivers.
The spec file had to be modified a little to remove some patches, but not much. I also had to disable the rpm file-check macro since the file list is changed --the first build aborted with an error about files installed but not packaged.

Everything is working fine so far, I now have video in with my radeon 7200 card without extra kernel modules or anything!

Joshua

Could you search for bugs that relate to radeon 7200 problems and report your success with getting the 7200 video card working again?

I tried one during the FC3Tx phase and it locked up the machine on boot. I no longer have the card, since someone needed a video card for another OS.

Getting this card working again would be desired for others that still have the card.

Thanks!

Jim