RE: SATA RAID

> On Sat, 13 Nov 2004, Don Casey wrote:
>
> > Anyone know of people or a forum where they are working on SATA
hardware
> > RAID drivers and compiling kernels for this. Would like to be able
> > use FC2 with the 2.6 kernel on my servers, but can not get support
from
> > Adaptec or Promise for this transformation.
> >
> > Thanx,
> > Don Casey

Thanx for the reply Joel, but have found some interesting info out on my
own since posting this question. If anyone is interested here are some
great links to help with this issue. Seems as though several vendors are
marketing their RAID as hardware RAID when in fact it is only software.
This is a problem that I was unaware of, and the purpose for using
hardware RAID has now been compromised. I did not want to have the extra
load on my servers processors, so I was using what was marketed as
hardware RAID.

Here are some great links.

http://linux.yyz.us/sata/faq-sata-raid.html
http://www.linuxmafia.com/faq/Hardware/sata.html