laptop cpu fan control is made by acpi or bios?

Hi all,

I'm having poblems to make my system turn cpu fan off when I turn my laptop on and the thermal temp is around 32-38 C.

I can say that cpu fan control is working ok as it turns on and off as the temperature gets 50-52 and goes down to 44-42.

I'd like to know if there is something I could do to turn my cpu fan off when I boot my laptop. Because it will only turns of when gets 50C and goes down to 42. Sometimes this may take too much time and I'd like to converv energy and noise :)

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Francisco Figueiredo Jr.