Recovery of mail on FC2+Evolution 1.4.6

Hi,

I have a small problem.
I was on a web based mail reader, and it deleted lots of messages on my IMAP account.
Now i'm wondering. Evolution was set up to store local copies for offline reading. I have disconnected the network cable before i started evolution to avoid it from updating the mail account.
When i now try to reach the mail box it only says "connecting" underneath the name of the specific account.
It is also impossible to press the offline button, as it then tries to synchronice and does nothing more.

Is there some way to try to fool evolution to recover my mails... they must be in there somewhere :-)

Thnx.
THT