pppd on-demand wakes for no reason.

Hello

I have pppd set to dial on demand on my router and find it occasionally
wakes and dials when I use ssh to connect to a node on my local sub-net.
I've tried setting up an iptables LOG rule for any outgoing traffic on
the ppp device but nothing gets logged when it happens. Does anyone know
what sort of packet causes this? It only seems to happen when ssh hasn't
been used for a few hours so I'm guessing it's something to do with
nameserver caching but can't work out what.

Bill Somerville