Re: Why are these drivers being loaded?

Jason Cortezzo wrote:

/sbin/kmodule output is...

NETWORK forcedeth
AUDIO snd-intel8x0
AUDIO nvsound
USB ohci-hcd

So, I guess this means udev is loading the forcedeth driver? How do I make it stop? I can't find any references to "forcedeth" in /etc/udev.

kudzu ?

# grep -4 force /etc/sysconfig/hwconf
class: NETWORK
bus: PCI
detached: 0
device: eth1
driver: forcedeth
desc: "nVidia Corporation nForce Ethernet Controller"
network.hwaddr: 00:10:DC:xx:xx:xx
vendorId: 10de
deviceId: 01c3

Jason Cortezzo wrote:

This is more of a curiosity question than a problem...

I did a fresh FC3 install on an nforce system. The eth0 driver was "forcedeth". I downloaded the NVidia "nvnet" driver and installed it.
Everything is working fine, BUT when I do a 'lsmod', I still see the "forcedeth" module (even after reboot). I can "rmmod" the module without any problems. "forcedeth" isn't in my modprobe.conf or modprobe.conf.dist files.

clean install FC3

# grep force /etc/modprobe.conf
alias eth1 forcedeth

what is wrong with the forcedeath-driver?
you prefer to install the nvnet-driver over and over again ?
eg. kernel-updates.

--
shrek-m