Re: VMware does not compile

Hi Oliver,

> yesterday I spent some time trying to compile the latest VMware
> demo I just downloaded from the site. After some research I
> came to the conclusion that it does not work with the Fedora 3
> kernel.

did you read the Fedora Release Notes? There it says:

VMware WS 4.5.2 is known to work on Fedora Core 3 after the following
workarounds are used:

o You must upgrade the kernel modules and configuration using the
  unofficial vmware-any-any-* toolkit available from:
  [5]http://platan.vc.cvut.cz/ftp/pub/vmware/

o After vmware-config.pl is run and the VMware modules are loaded, the
  following command creates the /sys/class/* nodes needed for udev:
  cp -rp /dev/vm* /etc/udev/devices/

 -volker