Re: Streamtuner [SOLVED]

john bray wrote:

On Sun, 2004-11-14 at 08:29 +1000, david walcroft wrote:

john bray wrote:

On Sat, 2004-11-13 at 16:47 +1000, david walcroft wrote:

Has anyone had problems since upgrading FC2 > FC3, I just cannot get it to play,
theres not much to say really tried various things but it plays 'dead'
Any help will be great

 Thanks  david

i had the same problem. it wants an older version of a library. i
linked the current version to the old version. if you run streamtuner

from a terminal window, it'll put up the complaint about the library.

after i linked the new version to the old name, it works as it always
has.

john

John,
I updated streamtuner after the upgrade and only have the one,using the CLI doesn't error
save for "** WARNING **: alsa_setup_mixer(): Failed to find mixer element: default"
which possibly why it will not run streams but what to do.

Thanks   david

hey david -

i'm replying to your email directly.

interesting stuff. i'm running what i realize now is a pretty old
version of streamtuner, apparently. it always just worked, so i left it
alone. heh. my version, BTW, is: [jmb@junior 2063music-archives-vol-1]$ rpm -q streamtuner
streamtuner-0.12.5-1

after it was suggested to get the fc3 version,  a lightbulb came on, and
i got it.  but i can't upgrade to it because it wants a lib that's
apparently only available at fed.us and isn't in the fc3 area.  sheesh.

but, back to your alsa thing.  you know, that sounds more like your xmms
is having an alsa problem than streamtuner.  at least in the version i
have of stream tuner, all it's doing is running xmms to do the audio.

i'm attaching the m3u file it generated for me here a few minutes ago.
you might put it on your box.  if you haven't looked at them before,
it's an ascii file you can less or more or vi or whatever.  then, run
xmms on it.  here's the command line that streamtuner generated to run
xmms on my box (broken into 2 lines):

jmb      27164     1  0 18:49 ?        00:00:00
xmms /tmp/streamtuner.shoutcast.6JNjXv.m3u

so, i guess that you can just do this (presuming you put the m3u file
in /tmp:

xmms /tmp/streamtuner.shoutcast.6JNjXv.m3u

the question is whether you get sound or the alsa complaint from it, i
guess.  sound would seem to imply the problem is in streamtuner, else
it's an xmms/alsa problem.

yah, you probably don't like ancient old southern rock, but it'll do for
a test, perhaps?  :-)

john

Thanks to all,I'm not sure how I did it but I rpm -e xmms 1.2.10-9 and -Uvh 1.2.10-1 and
allso -Uvh xmms-devel-1.2.10-1 xmms-alsa-1.2.10-1 and it worked :-) then updated to 1.2.10-9
yum obsoleted xmms-alsa, and still working ,why =-O

Thanks again      david