Re: Ok, what am I missing here

Brian Chase wrote:

I just tried FC3 x86-64, after using Fedora before. Hoping this is just something silly I've overlooked, and not a bug.

I used to use Nautilus and just type in "smb:///" into the location bar and my Windows workgroup would come up, with all it's members. This works ok with "Network Servers" from the main menu, but when I try and go into one of the shares I get a permissions error telling me the folder contents can't be displayed.

   * I do have a corresponding username that I logged into gnome with
     defined in Samba users on the FC3 box, which has the same
     user/pwd/workgroup as the Windows box..
   * I do have the same workgroup defined on both this FC3 machine and
     the Win2k server.
   * I can access the Windows share from another Linux box (Debian with
     SMB4k, sure wish Fedora had this).

Can anyone help getting my GUI network stuff working please?