Re: Evo crashing on FC2 all of a sudden

Temlakos wrote:
Let me guess: the crash occurs whenever you hit the Send/Recieve button, or when it automatically tries to send/receive mail in the background, doesn't it?

Not always, but most of the time...how'd you know??

snip

What keeps happening is that Evo is too sensitive to changes in glibc. Two days ago Gnome changed glibc, and when the Red Hat Network distributed it to all Fedora Core users, and they installed it, Evo croaked.

Last thing I did last night was run up2date...fancy that!

You have to do *something*, because if your problem is anything like mine, Evo is useless to you now. You gotta move.

Temlakos

Dick Roth wrote:

Woke up in the middle of a snow storm without power to my PC.  All is
now normal except that Evo 1.4.6, which was installed as part of the FC2
install keeps crashing...often.

Attempted download of newer version, but Ximian (Novell) doesn't
recognize FC2 yet and I can't find Evo rpms on any other source.

Thought about moving to Thunderbird, but moving the mail and addresses
looks like a major project.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Dick

Thanks for shedding light. Looks like switching is more worthwhile that fighting.

Dick