Re: Package installer from RH7.2

On Wed, 2004-11-10 at 23:03 -0800, Thomas Taylor wrote:
> Hi All:
>
> Would it safely be possible to use the RedHat Package Manager from RH version
> 7.2 with FC3?
>
> I'm attempting to download either the DVD or CDs without success so have
> ordered the DVD from CheapBytes and will install from that.
>
> Unless the Add/Remove Applications program in FC3t3 has changed in FC3 Final,
> I would prefer to use the older RH program as it has features missing in the
> newer version (such as listing ALL programs and versions installed).
>
> Also, I keep seeing references to bittorent.  What is that?  Where to get
> information about it?
>
> Thanks, Tom
> --
> Tom Taylor
> Registered linux user #263467
> FC3T3 (for now)
> KDE 3.3.0-5RH

I tried to go from RH 7.3 to FC2 with an upgrade and it tanked.  I think
the versions are too far apart, I had to wipe the drive and do a clean
install.  And no I had not backed up the drive, but it was just stuff,
like dust in the corners.  Lucky for me a month later I haven't said "OH
NO that file!"  Like they say about clothes, if you haven't worn it
again in a year you probably never will :-)

Tim...

--
Shameless plug for my
brother-in-laws Irish band