Re: mail server suggestions

On Thu, 2004-11-11 at 20:04 +0800, Kent Emia wrote:
> guyz just wondering if i will be creating a mail server for our "Small
> Organization" should i put it inside the LAN or within the DMZ Area

If you are confident that you are running a secure MTA then I would put
it behind the firewall. But if you have any doubts then stick it in your
dmz and lock it out. It would also reduce large amounts of traffic
through your firewall. However, if you are having doubts about the
security of your MTA, then what about the security of the machine
overall?

I dont think that I have answered your question...

I personally keep it behind the firewall and keep a good eye on the
security of the applications that are open (MTA, Pop Server, IMAP server
etc). Easier if you ask me.