Re: FC2 quota's

Eucke Warren wrote:
Hello all,

I am trying to figure out why quota's appear to be inoperational on my FC2
build.  My fstab has only one partition where I want quota's active.  It's
entry is as follows:

/dev/sda1               /home                   ext3    defaults,usrquota  1
2

When I try to invoke quotas I get the following response:

[root@darth etc]# /sbin/quotaon -av
quotaon: using /home/quota.user on /dev/sda1 [/home]: No such process
quotaon: Quota format not supported in kernel.

the quota rpm appears to be installed as per:

[root@darth2 etc]# rpm -q quota
quota-3.10-2

I think you have to run quotacheck too, e.g.:

     quotacheck -acug /home

The following document may be of help (keep in mind it's intended for RHEL though):

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-3-Manual/sysadmin-guide/ch-disk-quotas.html

Hope that helps.

--
Marina Buitrago Bravo (buitrago@xxxxx)
Servicio de Informática y Comunicaciones