Re: ATI on FC3

Remi COLLET wrote:

> It seems that Fedora driver for ATI (Radeon 9200 for me) support 3D
> acceleration ?

Up to Radeon 9250, as I understand it. But I thought you could get that
in FC2, too.

> If i'm right that mean i doesn't need to install the ATI driver.. (only
> to gain 20%, as i don't play).

You might get more performance with the closed source ATI driver. You
almost certainly *will* get more headaches.

Timothy Murphy asked:

> I'm sure I'm being stupid,
> but how do run X without the ati driver?
> What driver do you use?

I assumed that he was referring to the driver that comes from ATI, not
the open source driver for (certain) ATI products that comes with
Fedora.

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail address: james | My friend, you would not tell with such high zest
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | To children ardent for some desperate glory,