Incorrect ACPI temperatures causing shutdowns

I'm using a fresh install of FC3 on a machine that was previously running FC1
and later FC3T2

I'm getting ACPI induced shutdowns at an irritating frequency due to what looks
like the wrong sensor being monitored

watch cat /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THRM/temperature

shows indicated temperatures ranging from 22 to 60+ at random, and eventually it
indicates a temperature over which the ACPI induced shutdown is called.

What can I do to point the acpi software at the correct sensor on the
motherboard?

I have verified that the hardware is still good, and didn't fail during install,
fans are still howling and cooling as I'd expect so it's definatly not that.

I have also ensured that the machine is using the latest bios. It's a PC Chips
M811LM ver 3.1

Here is one particular snapshot of the acpi info, and some salient points from
kudzu.

[dave@luggage ~]$ cat /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THRM/
cooling_mode       polling_frequency  state              temperature
trip_points
[dave@luggage ~]$ cat /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THRM/*
cooling mode:   active
<polling disabled>
state:                   ok
temperature:             43 C
critical (S5):           70 C
passive:                 68 C: tc1=4 tc2=3 tsp=60 devices=0x41fee6c0
active[0]:               68 C: devices=0x039b7a00

[dave@luggage ~]$ cat /etc/sysconfig/hwconf
-
class: OTHER
bus: PCI
detached: 0
driver: unknown
desc: "VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8235 ISA Bridge"
vendorId: 1106
deviceId: 3177
subVendorId: 1019
subDeviceId: 1841
pciType: 1
pcidom:    0
pcibus:  0
pcidev: 11
pcifn:  0
-
class: OTHER
bus: PCI
detached: 0
driver: unknown
desc: "VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8366/A/7 [Apollo KT266/A/333 AGP]"
vendorId: 1106
deviceId: b099
subVendorId: 0000
subDeviceId: 0000
pciType: 1
pcidom:    0
pcibus:  0
pcidev:  1
pcifn:  0
-
class: OTHER
bus: PCI
detached: 0
driver: unknown
desc: "VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8366/A/7 [Apollo KT266/A/333]"
vendorId: 1106
deviceId: 3099
subVendorId: 1019
subDeviceId: 1841