Re: Is ASUS A7N8X-VM suitable for a webserver + mail server + samba server?

On Thu, 2004-11-11 at 03:13, VJ wrote:
> Hi,
>     I am thinking of getting rid if my old Gigabyte GA7DXR and want to put
> this mobo in a small case(as A7N8X-VM is a microATX mobo). Is this suitable
> to run webserver + mail server? Also I am using it as TV recording station
> with a PVR350 + MythTV setup. Samba is used for serving songs/recorded
> programs to other computer(s).
>
> Regards from VJ

I use th A7N8X-X  MB as you want to with myth and the ATI TV Wonder VE
and as my main server nfs, mysql, httpd, etc.. also a media server.  No
problems because of the MB but yeah I did eventually run into one
problem  THe USB 2.0 with FC2 and NVidia I'm not getting 3D
acceleration.  You have to recompile the Kernel without usb 2.0
support.  Instructions are at the nvidia forums. I haven't done it
because it doesn't affect anything that I use it for.
--
Mike Ramirez <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>