Re: public key

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004, Marcel Janssen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just upgraded succesfully to FC3 on 2 machines, but just can't update using
> yum. It receives all packages well, but fails with :
> public key not available for //var/cache/yum/updates-released/packages/.......
>
> I know how to import a key but I don't know which one I should import.
>
> Anyone knows which key I need ?

This brings up a good point.

It would be REAL helpful if key failure messages gave indication as to
the key id that is missing from the keyring.

I know both yum and up2date have this problem.  (up2date is worse as it
gives you a message on each and every file that fails, which is a pain if
you have a large batch of updates from Rawhide.)

--
Q: Why do programmers confuse Halloween and Christmas?
A: Because OCT 31 == DEC 25.