Re: Fedora Core 3 - upgrade notes

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 17:07:13 -0500 (EST), William Hooper
<whooperhsd3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sounds like you need to invest in a new CD-Rom drive.  I'm not sure what
> you expect the installer to do about it.

I wasn't really complaining about having to retry so many times.
I was saying a [Skip this package] button should be there so you can
keep on with the install if your CD is a bit damaged.  (I did
a clean media check before my install.)

> > - The boot is very ugly.  In the rhgb there's a "Show Details" button
> > but it seems to click itself at one point.
>
> Generally this is because an issue with a services.  Watch and see if you
> see any errors.

I read in /var/log/boot.log that postgresql fails.  But later when I do a "ps"
its there.  Weird.

I read in/usr/share/doc/rhgb-0.14.1/HOW_IT_WORKS that it makes this
switch if a service takes more than 10 seconds to start.  Maybe my ppp
does.  There should be a rhgb config file, I'd say.