Re: FC3 - system unbootable

> From: "Jogl, Gerwald" <Gerwald_Jogl@xxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: FC3 - system unbootable
> To: <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>

> Yay,
>
> That's exactly what I needed...
> I just did an 'upgrade' from FC3 Test1 to FC3. Test 1 was running fine, no problems observed.
> The upgrade was smooth, however on reboot the system hangs during init, while trying to configure kernel parameters.
> Any help on how to resolve this, or at least where to start investigating is _greatly_ appreciated.
>
> gj

There were a couple of things that stopped me from directly booting FC3
after upgrading from FC2.

1. NTFS partition mounting in fstab using the linux ntfs module
2. NVidia driver problems

Like your machine mine hung while trying to configure kernel parameters.

You'll need to comment out the NTFS partition in /etc/fstab until you
download and install the latest linux-ntfs module from
linux-ntfs.sf.net.

If you have an NVidia card, you'll need to do the following:

1. Build the driver
2. /sbin/modprobe nvidia (this creates some device files)
3. Copy the device files to the new udev system
   cp -a /dev/nvidia* /etc/udev/devices
   chown root.root /etc/udev/devices/nvidia*
4. Mangle your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file appropriately (or restore)

Now I just need to fix mod_perl for Apache.

/mde/
just my two cents . . . .