Re: Folder problem (possible hacking)

Dear Franco,

emacs can also be run on a text terminal (if the remote server has it installed, obviously). Its "dired" facility could be of help. Anyway, other guys gave more interesting suggestions, try them first.

Good luck.

Franco wrote:
The problem is the same, this folder have 25 GB of DVD video.
I can't use graphical interface, the server have located in USA.

PS.
Il tempo è discreto, il sole va e viene ma per lo meno non piove.
Ciao e grazie.

Andrea Giuliano wrote:

Dear Franco,

this brings on my mind a sad day back in 1996, when I found on a Sun server a strange dir whose name was only made up of blanks and other non printable characters. That was created by an intruder who was using that server to do file sharing. Luckly enough, no user ever got aware of that intrusion...

I hope you are not facing the same situation, it was a very bad day for me! As for the problem with cd, I suggest to change the name of the folder with emacs or nautilus, and not from a shell prompt, using a new name with just printable characters.

At least, this is what I could suggest, if I understood your problem...

Best regards.

PS
Com'è il tempo a Ischia, oggi? Qui a Roma è uno schifo pazzesco!

Franco wrote:

Hi, on my server i have any folder /var/tmp/ /.tmp/ there are a folder without characters and i can't cd into it.
Can anyone help me?

-- Andrea Giuliano, Ph. D. ICCU - Istituto Centrale per il Catalogo Unico Viale Castro Pretorio 105, Rome - ITALY Tel. +39064989509, Fax +39064059302