Re: can't get ip through dhcp after upgrade

Kevin Old wrote:
On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 13:58:07 +0100, Alexander Apprich
<a.apprich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[schnip]
Can you elaborate on "using dhclient"?  I'm having the same problem as
Ketil with trying to connect to a network.

Just execute dhclient, and if eth0 is up and a dhcp server is availible eth0 get its network config assigned. Older RedHats < 8 used to have pump which did allmost the same.

If dhclient doesn't work it's probably because a firewall is blocking
DHCP.

Ok, it must be the firewall, but I have it disabled.  I've verified
this by the "/sbin/service iptables status" which reports "Firewall is
stopped".

Under "Security" (in the Gnome menu, not sure where) it shows that the
firewall is disabled and SELinux is disabled.

Any ideas if there's something else somehow blocking the network?

Where is the dhcp server located at, same subnet? Do you have another box which gets ist netconfig from the dhcp server? maybe it's an issue from something between your box and the dhcp server?

Thanks,
Kevin

Alex