Re: Folder problem (possible hacking)

Franco wrote:
> Hi, on my server i have any folder /var/tmp/   /.tmp/ there are a folder
> without characters and i can't cd into it.
> Can anyone help me?

Oh dear.

Use ls -b to see which characters are actually used in the directory
name. (It may just be three spaces, in which case, you can refer to it
as "   ").

Use
cd /var/tmp
find . -type d -name .tmp -exec mv {} bad \;
to move the contents of the directory elsewhere.
Use ls -aR to see what those contents are!

Use rm -ri with care to delete the directory.

*If* it turns out you have been hacked, take the server offline, and
reinstall from scratch with all updates.

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail address: james | "Now I've got the bead on you with MY disintegrating
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | gun.  And when it disintegrates, it disintegrates.