Re: Download FC3 by CD via bittorent

On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 06:00:33PM +0700, Philippe wrote:

> First time using bittorent .. on a dialup. I will not tell you how long
> I need to download FC3 :-) ... but this is not the point.

Philippe,

I am a fan of bittorrent but on a dialup you are not likely to
contribute to to the torrent in ways that you might expect.  Perhaps
limit the number of clients your serve and limit upload bandwidth if
you must use bittorrent.  There is no reason to permit 30+ upload
connections to your box.

   $ netstat -an | grep 6[0-9][0-9][0-9] | grep ^tcp

If I was still on a dialup I would use wget or curl to
pull down the image.

Both curl and wget have ways to continue a download (reget)
in case you are disconnected.  RTFM....

Both curl and wget can give you control over the specific ISO
image you are downloading.

This way your and your neighbors can help each other by downloading
one ISO each and help each other.

bittorrent (and rsync) can double check and finish downloading partial
wget/ curl/ ftp download files.  The reverse is not true AFAIK.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	spam unwanted email.