Re: Yum install anomaly and yum config question

Gerry Tool wrote:

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

Am Mi, den 10.11.2004 schrieb Gerry Tool um 1:24:

Question: How can I add .repo files to /etc/yum.repo.d to access the livna and Fedora US repositories with the new yum? I tried copying a section of the FC2 yum.conf file into a file and placing it in the directory, but it failed with

Trying other mirror.
Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: fedora-stable
failure: repodata/repomd.xml from fedora-stable: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.

Gerry Tool

The fedora.us Fedora Extras repository is actually empty. See yourself
on the server with a browser. rpm.livna.org has FC3 repositories
(packages). How to add to yum is described at

"For yum >= 2.1.3, new yum repository style (metadata):"

on the livna.org site.

Alexander

Thanks - that got the livna repository working.  However, it says
No Match for argument mplayer
Nothing to do

Guess I'll inquire further.

Gerry

I did a 'yum list available' and see that installing mplayer failed because the livna repository has just
mplayer-fonts.noarch 1.0-0.lvn.2.3 livna-stable mplayerplug-in.i386 2.50-0.lvn.2.3 livna-stable and no mplayer package. Is this a temporary situation, I wonder?

Gerry