Re: update to FC3 failed [x86_64]

Am Mi, den 10.11.2004 schrieb Elliot Lee um 0:12:
> > Update itself without problems. But booting into the updated system it
> > is hanging at the message "configuring kernel parameters" (just after
> > "inititalising hardware ....OK").
> >
> > Does someone know how to get it to work?
>
> I've heard reports of this happening to people who use the nVidia
> binary-only drivers. The solution is to not use those drivers.

Before updating the system I disabled the nvidia by switching xorg.conf
to the version installed by anaconda FC2, using the nv driver.

If I press <ctrl>C the system is booting a little bit further, but
serveral programs complain about the file system /var/lock... to be
read-only. Wondering about that.

Thanks
Peter