Kernel Panic when trying to run FC3 installer

Hi all,

I went to upgrade from FC2 to FC3 today but ended up with a nice kernel panic on my hands.

It gets past /sbin/loader & into the media test area fine..
however, once i skip the media test so i can begin installing my screen fills up with the following:

Opps: 0000 [#1]
Modules linked in: dm_snapshot dm_mirror dm_zero dm_mod xfs jfs reiserfs ext3 jd msdos raid6 raid5 xor raid1 raid0 tulip sis900 ohci_hcd sr_mod sd_mod scsi_mod floppy loop nfs lockd sunrpc vfat fat cramfs vga16fb vgastate
CPU: 0
EIP: 0060:[<c012a6e5>] Not tainted VLI
EFLAGS: 00010002 (2.6.9-1.667)
unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address 37eef0b5

at the end i get: Kernel Panic - not syncing: Fatal exception in interupt

I've tried switching cdrom drives and i rule out memory issues since i have no issues with FC2.
Everything worked and installed fine on my spare machine, just not on my main machine.

Anyone have any idea as to what could be causing this?
Thanks for your time.