Re: using encryption with FC2

Did you google?

of course I did ;-) and I found something like this mini how-to U wrote (thanks a lot!) What I wanted to say is that there is no official how-to in my FC2 distrib

ok for the dd, losetup, mkfs and mount the encrypted file on the mount point
it is working fine !

> How-to choose key length ?
Sorry I was not clear
I mean : crypto api seems to ask for the key lengh 128, 256... when losetup the file
here with losetup, nothing is asked except a password.
The question is : can we choose the key lengh or/and what is the default key lengh ?

> How-to use encrypt and mount a partition (not filesystem) ?

I mean, is it possible to encrypt a device, a whole slice or disk. For exemple I want /dev/hdb to be mounted "on demand" onto /encrypted using aes 256bits ? I hope it was possible using LVM or something else...

Anyway thanks for the mini-howto. I'm sure it will be very usefull for a lots !

Question for fun : is this method to protect data really strong ?
I mean, i know it depends on the crypto module that is used but for example with two-fish or aes, is it really hard (or quite possible/impossible) to decode data once dismonted ???

Thanks for your help

MSN Messenger : dialoguez en temps réel avec vos amis ! http://g.msn.fr/FR1001/866