Re: U.S. Robotics 56K USB Faxmodem -- not working?

On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 12:22:48AM -0600, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 06, 2004 at 10:31:08 +0700,
>   Kh Linux <fedora.kh@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi all:
> >
> > May  I ask if anyone ever got the U.S. Robotics 56K USB Faxmodem working? I
> > plugged it in but no light on, browsed through /dev/usb/ttyUSB0-15; but
> > nothing corresponds to the modem device.
>
> I am using one now with FC2.
>
> > Is there a module for it somewhere I can download?
>
> kudzu seems to find it, so you shouldn't have to do anything too special
> to get it to work.
My experience (and this is true for all external modems) is kudzu
recognises it some times but never deals with it correctly. What I
mean by correctly is that when it is on but not connected more than
one light should be on. Was the original poster talking about an
external modem or an external modem?

The modem connects and works ok but the data flow is not optimal.

Look afar and see the end from the beginning.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
One Trinity Place.