Re: sound device

Lonnie Cumberland <lonnie@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello All,

I have installed VMWARE for a project that I want to run on my Fedora 2 and need to find out:

1. which /dev device is handling my sound so that I can direct it to vmware.
2. I also have Logitech Pro 4000 web cam that I would like to see about getting to work from vmware as well.

Does anyone have any experience with vmware and fedora that might help?

Thanks,
Lonnie

To your first question I think that if the sound works on FC, it automaticly works in VMWare, you don't have to manually direct it.

In regard to your second question I can tell you that VMWare doesn't (yet??) support isochronous usb support, so sadly enough a webcam (no matter which one, perhaps older, serial ones???) won't work. Stubborn as I am :) I have tried it with the same cam as you have under a win2000 virtual machine, it will let you install the software, will even 'see' the cam, but that is about it. This is not a FC problem, but a (major) lack in VMWare, which people on the VMWare site have been asking a lot for, but still isn't implemented.

Kind regards, Angelo