Re: Lock out after to many login attempts?

On Mon, 2004-11-08 at 17:21, Jamie McParland wrote:
> I'm looking for some software that will drop packets after they try to many
> unsuccessful login attempts. I know it's out there and I have used it before
> but for the life of me I cannot remember the name of the software.
>
> Thanks,
> Jamie

Brut Force Defender from RxNetworks. Its designed to work with APF also
from RxNetworks.  I believe this is what you are looking for.

http://rfxnetworks.com/bfd.php

 BFD (Brute Force Detection)

BFD is a modular shell script for parsing applicable logs and checking
for authentication failures. There is not much complexity or detail to
BFD yet and likewise it is very straight-forward in its installation,
configuration and usage. The reason behind BFD is very simple; the fact
there is little to no authentication and brute force auditing programs
in the linux community that work in conjunction with a firewall or
real-time facility to place bans.

Note: BFD default configuration is designed to work in conjunction with
APF versions 0.9.3+

--
Mike Ramirez <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>