Fedora Core 3 CDs Fail Media Check

After many attempts I can not get any CD to pass the mediacheck.

So far I did the following:

- Verified the ISOs using the provided md5sum. All checked out ok.
- Burned CD at 4x using my DVD burner
- Burned CD at 4x using my CD Writer
- Booted from CDs in Machine 1 and tested. 3 out of 4 failed.
- Booted from CDs in Machine 2 and tested. Same 3 out of 4 failed.
- Redownloaded just the first CD and repeated the above. Same results.

I tried to test in Machine 3 which is where I burned them but anaconda
really didn't like something. It hangs after telling me it's disabling
IRQ 11.

So thus far I've burned with different burners so I doubt the burner
is the issue. I've burned at different speeds. I've tested using
different drives so unless both drives just didn't like the CD
media...

I upgraded Nero to version 6.6 and tried again. No change. I
re-downloaded all the ISOs, this time from Redhat's site. I burned
just the first CD and tested it and it failed.

Listening to one source I tried to install anyway and the install
abnormally terminated. I am at a loss as to what's going on. I have
not had this problem before with previous versions of Linux.

Is anyone else having these problems? Is this a bug? The only other
thing I can think of is that BOTH the drives in the other machine
don't like the CDRs or something. It boots from them just fine though.

---
"We should have a way of telling people they have bad breath without
hurting their feelings. Like: Well I'm bored. Let's go brush our
teeth. Or, I've got to make a phone call...hold this gum in your
mouth.