ripping mp3's

I've searched the web and found that I need to install
gstreamer-plugins-extras, I'm using the yum.conf from fedorafaq and it's
not there.  I also found postings that installing it had broken things,
any suggestions?

Tim..

On another note, since FC3 will be out today I assume all the servers
will get slammed.  Any idea when the dust will settle?  Days / weeks?