Re: FC3 still on schedule for tomorrow? (Added: On the Torrent Already?)

James McKenzie wrote:

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

Not the case if speaking about official availability and not premature
leaking. See the thread

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2004-November/msg00676.html

and especially the 2 replies by Seth Vidal (duke.edu admin). Am So, den 07.11.2004 schrieb James McKenzie um 23:41:

So, if the release is tomorrow, it should be on the Torrent yesterday? According to the schedule, FC3 was supposed to be released to mirrors then.

This means that I should get the BitTorrent client and install it now and start 'slurping'.

James McKenzie

Thanks. Looks like I get to start tomorrow afternoon. I guess I should get a torrent client and configure it to point to duke.edu. My guess is that they are going to get slammed with traffic. Hopefully, the folks who run the Torrent will get it settled by the time I get home (which should be about two hours after the release.)

As always, thank you.

James McKenzie

Hi,

Am I right if I say the release is in approx 12 hours from my time of writing?

Is there a way to help serve the files? Bottorent? How to do this, only start a client and start dl the file? And where would the torrents be released?

THT