Re: Dial-up connection

Arron Konstam said what is at the bottom about Dial-up Connection:

On Fri, Nov 05, 2004 at 09:35:17AM +0000, Paul Howarth wrote:

windtim@xxxxxxxx wrote:

seeing desktop on my Fedora Core 2, i've noticed that there isn't a tool
like KPPP for dial-up connection. How can i do it? How2 can i connect in dial-up?
Thanks in advance for the help

kppp is part of the kdenetwork package. Install that and you'll be able to use kppp.

Alternatively, from a terminal window you could use wvdial.

Paul.

Once again I suggest using system-config-network to  set up dialup
connection. It does the wvdial configuration. kppp is ok to.
The panel ap modem lights to start and stop the connection.

Well, this is much better than using pppd to start/stop the connection. What is the modem lights applet?

James McKenzie