Hard Drive clicking in FC3

I'm curious if the issue with hard drive clicking as been changed in FC3?
I am still running FC1, and have continued to experience this issue since
the day I installed it. There were several threads about this a while back
(search the archives for hardrive as well as hard drive, and you might
find them), but there was never a solution, as far as I know. Most
others had posted the same problem.

The issue, in summary for those who don't remember, is that under FC1, my
hard drive clicks periodically (it's that ominous click a hard drive gives
right before it takes a dive).  However, I am running a dual boot machine,
and under Windows XP, the drive NEVER clicks.  I therefore do not believe
it is a problem with the drive, but with something in the FC setup.  The
closest thing the list came to an answer dealt with the thermal settings
in ACPI (this is a laptop), suggesting that my laptop was getting hot.  I
think that might be the right direction, so maybe my question should
concern ACPI.  Is it handled more completely in FC3?  Will temperature and
fan control will handled better?

Anybody know if FC3 addresses this?

Bill Johnson

"Jesus could have saved Himself from the cross,
but then He wouldn't have saved me."  (Rick Warren)